- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions to your computer, PC, Mac or laptop. It is important to have your Nook plugged into your computer via your USB cable while downloading so that the software will install simultaneously on both the Nook and your computer. On the right hand side of the screen you will see "Download Now" Once you click on the download button it will lead you through the rest of the process for downloading and installing the software. The steps are the same for PC and Mac users. (insert your favorite smiley face here).
- Once the software is installed you will need an Adobe ID, don't panic, this is very easy to do if you don't have one already. All you need is a valid email address, then click on the link for "Get an Adobe ID online".
- Now here is a nice feature, Adobe Digital Editions should automatically recognize your digital reader and ask you if you would like to authenticate your device. Naturally you do. If for some reason it does not automatically recognize your reader, just close and reopen the program (Adobe Digital Editions).
- Now we are ready for the fun part, you will want to access your Library's Overdrive site. Sign into your library account. Search the Overdrive catalog and place items into your cart. Now if you are like and like to browse here is a helpful reminder items will only stay in your cart for a certain number of minutes, so don't browse too long before checking out your selections. Once the item is checked out it should be available for download. When your computer prompts you for which program to use to open the ebook, make sure you choose Adobe Digital Editions. The library book will download to your computer, then you simply transfer the book to your Nook, by dragging and dropping it into your Nook icon on the left hand side of the program.
- On the Nook these items will appear in your "My Documents" tab. If you do not see your library book, clink "Check for new items" and it should appear then. You can also return the book early if you finish it to opening the Adobe Digital Editions program on your computer and click on the drop down arrow on the left hand side and selecting "return the checked out item"
A couple of helpful links can be found here at Slide Share (for PC users).
For Mac users, Slide Share (Mac Version).
~ the Tech Savvy Knitter